Spokesperson and Information Officer
To contribute to the formulation of an appropriate economic policy and undertake economic policy management.
- Simplify tax system, broaden the tax base and set fair tax rates.
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of tax administration.
- Pursue efficient, effective and equitable resource allocation policy for the identified prioritised sectors.
- Strengthen the financial system: financial institutions, instruments, products and markets.
- Streamline state-owned enterprises and pursue the policy of privatisation.
- Adapt transparent as well as accountable fiscal and financial information system.
- Institutionalise effective and efficient incentives system for public sector employees.
- Pursue self-sustained revenue based public expenditure policies.
- Institutionalise monitoring and evaluation system for economic management of aid resources.
- Improve public-private confidence and help create conducive environment for private sector involvement in overall economic development.