Spokesperson and Information Officer
An overview of the main functions:
Formulate economic policies and implement them through annual budget and programmes.
- Administrative Division: Administer personnel and general services management including properties under the ownership of the Ministry.
- Budget and Programme Division
- Economic Policy Analysis Division
- Financial Sector Management & Corporation Co-ordination Division: Monitor and supervise state-owned enterprises and help implement privatisation policy and programme.
- Fiscal Federalism Coordination Division
- International Economic Cooperation Coordination Division
- Legal and Judgement Execution Division: Provide legal advice to the Ministry and departments; draft laws and rules and regulations relating to financial aspects.
- Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Division
- Revenue Management Division: Prepare revenue policy and guidelines and implement through various departments as per the Finance Act, and prepare a monthly report on tax and non-tax revenues.
- Department of Customs: Collect customs revenues; control unauthorized trade; provide support to the MoF in formulating policy relating to customs duties.
- Department of Inland Revenues: Formulate and implement tax policy to generate revenues; review tax assessments; supervise tax offices; serve taxpayers and issue Permanent Account Number (PAN) to taxpayers, formulate Taxation Acts and Regulations, and monitor revenue collection.
- Public Finance Management Training Centre
Nepal Rastra Bank :
Central bank concerned with monetary policy, supervision, monitoring and regulation of banks and financial institutions, and advising the government on monetary and fiscal matters.
Undertake registration of securities, market intermediaries, stock exchange and Unit and Mutual Funds, regulate and monitor securities transactions
Agriculture Development Bank:
Help mobilize internal resources for economic development, and provide banking and other support services to the rural poor.
Rastriya Banijya Bank:
Provide banking services.
Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation:
Undertake credit guarantee for loans provided to priority sector by commercial banks.
Stock Exchange Centre:
Work as securities exchange market for the institutional development of the capital market.
Citizen Investment Trust:
Encourage people to save and mobilize savings for productive activities.
Employees Provident Fund:
Work as an employee trust to render post-retirement benefits to its clients.
Nepal Insurance Corporation:
To provide life and non-life insurance facilities.
Insurance business promotion, regulation, management, monitoring, and evaluation.